So what causes frizz? Frizz can occur by harsh handling of the hair, humidity, dry styling, certain product ingredients, improper or lack of moisture, over manipulation and constant touching of the hair. The most subtle things we do to our hair, like the occasional hair flip, could actually have some repercussions! Who knew! Myavana is a community, so please comment and share tips to help your fellow girlfriends.
Consider these hair hacks when you’re trying to de-frizz your hair:
1. Choose a sulfate-free, glycerin-packed shampoo.
2. Don’t skip conditioner.
3. Let your hair dry 90 percent of the way before you blow-dry.
4. Tame frizzy, thick, coarse, and curly hair with a cream hydrator and a diffuser.
5. If you get caught in the rain and your hair poufs out, hair serum will be your BFF.
6. Sleep in a silk scarf if your hair is super textured.
To learn more about different tips and tricks for your specific hair type, visit our blog!