Baby hairs, edges, what ever you’d like to call them, can a little tricky when it comes to taming them. The “laying down” of the edges are an art within itself. Smoothing baby hair is a technique passed down through generations. I think we have finally discovered multiple to lay down our little hairs that won’t leave us with the obvious crusty gel residue.
1. Gather and secure you hair on top of the head using a scrunchy. Use your fingers to do the job. No brush or comb.
2. Then take a bit of Shea butter, melt it between your palms, and generously apply it to your edges.
3. Finally, put on a scarf, and go to bed.
In the morning, remove the scarf to reveal smooth, frizz free edges!
Another technique to consider:
1. Spray water on a boar-bristle brush (or toothbrush) and brush baby hairs forward.
2. Then use a drop of gel (like an Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel) and brush hairs so they’re curling toward your hairline, not straight down your forehead.
3. Once you have everything in a good formation, use a Curl Control Paste, which helps keep the hairs in place.
For more tips and advice, visit the Myavana community online!